Favourite colour: Yellow.
Describe your body type and what you look for in a piece of clothing: I have an hourglass shape so I look for clothing with a nice cut, good quality material and if it comes in at the waist it definitely has a place in my wardrobe!
Favourite bargain store/brand: Target is great for cheap work clothes but I can’t go past Kmart’s homewares! I live with 3 friends so anytime something breaks, it’s straight to Kmart we go!
Favourite splurge store/brand: Seed Heritage.
Favourite online store: I do most of my clothes shopping online so picking my favourites is hard! I can’t go past The Iconic, Frankie & Co and Esther Boutique, though.
Favourite place to go shopping: Online, in my pjs!
Current favourite item: A beautiful dark green bag from a little boutique store in New Orleans.
Clothes, shoes, accessories or makeup? Clothes!
Describe your style in 3 words: Simple, monochrome, comfy.
What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher? Ideally, Beyonce’s ‘woo’ girl. Realistically, if I had a job where I could snack when I was hungry and go to the toilet when I needed to, I’d be happy!
Best piece of style advice for teachers: Above all else, be comfortable! Oh, and if you’re an early childhood teacher like I am, make sure you can bend over without giving the kids an eyeful!
Best bargain hunter tip: I’m all for finding a great bargain, but I’m a big believer in spending a little more on those key pieces that will never go out of style!
What do you like to do in your spare time? I love going out for coffee, going to music gigs and nights in watching Netflix with my housemates. I also love to travel anytime my bank account allows!
Favourite food or restaurant: If you’re ever looking for me on a Saturday or Sunday morning, I’ll be at breakfast! My favourite places are Pawpaw, Goodness Gracious and Charlie’s Raw Squeeze.
Currently watching: Broad City.
Five fun facts about you:
- I’ve been a vegetarian for a little over 3 years. I had a bad experience cooking with ground beef in America and haven’t eaten meat since!
- I spent my uni days working at a DVD store so I’m a massive pop culture and movie lover. I have quite the DVD collection and can find a mean girls quote for just about every situation!
- I’ve had two spinal surgeries. In my first year of teaching, I was in a world of pain with a bulging disc that was rubbing against a nerve. The first surgery didn’t quite do the trick but I’ve been mostly pain free since the second almost 3 years ago.
- I love trashy TV – The Bachelor, Geordie Shore, Ex on the Beach.. the trashier the better!
- My best friend and I lived in California for 6 months and spent 3 of those living in Hollywood with a male model we found on Craigslist.